notes on Sieve and cyrus-imapd-2.2a

Carl P. Corliss rabbitt at xaraya.com
Thu Jun 12 06:02:41 EDT 2003

Figured I'd let you know what I've found so far while trying to get sieve
working on 2.2a

lmtpd looks for user scripts in the default domain, and all domains, in:

/var/imap/sieve/domain/[hash]/[domain_name]/[hash]/[username]

connecting to timesieved to install scripts for users in the default domain
causes the scripts to be installed in:

/var/imap/sieve/[hash]/[username]

Also, fileinto seems to be having a problem finding the specified folder to
drop the email into. After checking around a little, I noticed that
append_setup() is returning IMAP_MAILBOX_NONEXISTENT in append.c - not sure
if this helps but, ...

It could very well be that I've not configured something correctly but, on the
off chance that these are bugs, I figured I'd post the info.

cheers,

--
Carl P. Corliss
System Administrator / Developer