unable to authenticate

Ana Ribas/Upcnet ana.ribas at upcnet.es
Fri Jun 13 04:38:35 EDT 2003

Hello list,

I've installed cyrus-imapd 2.1.13 and cyrus-sasl 2.1.13, but  I am having
trouble authenticathing.
I don't want to create unix users for every imap user so I'd like to use
the sasldb athentication.

I'm using Solaris 8 platform.
My sasldb is at /etc/sasldb2 and the cyrus user can read the /etc/sasldb2
file.

This is my /etc/imapd.conf file:

   configdirectory: /var/imap
   defaultpartition: default
   partition-default: /var/spool/imap
   admins: cyrus
   sievedir: /usr/sieve
   sendmail: /usr/lib/sendmail
   sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
   sasl_auxprop_plugin: sasldb
   sasl_sasldb_path: /etc/sasldb2
   tls_cert_file: /var/imap/server.pem
   tls_key_file: /var/imap/server.pem
   postmaster: ean
   allowanonymouslogin: no
   allowplaintext: yes
   sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
   servername: delius.upc.es
   autocreatequota: 10000
   reject8bit: no
   quotawarn: 90
   timeout: 30
   poptimeout: 10
   dracinterval: 0
   drachost: localhost
   sieve_maxscriptsize: 32
   sieve_maxscripts: 5
   altnamespace: yes
   duplicatesuppression: yes
   hashimapspool: true
   unixhierarchysep: yes

I've tried to create the cyrus user with saslpasswd2 and it seems to work.

The sasldblistusers2 shows:
   cyrus at delius: userPassword

but this is the response when I try to connect using imtest:

   > imtest -a cyrus -m login localhost
   S: * OK delius.upc.es Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.13 server ready
   C: C01 CAPABILITY
   S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS
   NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND SORT
   THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES IDLE STARTTLS
   S: C01 OK Completed
   Please enter your password:
   C: L01 LOGIN cyrus {7}
   S: + go ahead
   C: <omitted>
   S: L01 NO Login failed: user not found
   Authentication failed. generic failure
   Security strength factor: 0

Am I missing something? Are there something wrong?
Any help would be much appreciated.

- ANNA -