SSL wrapped sieve support (ala "imaps") for timsieved [LONG]

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Wed Jun 18 03:11:25 EDT 2003

--On Dienstag, 17. Juni 2003 21:52 Uhr -0400 Scott Russell
<lnxgeek at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 12:24:49PM -0700, Ben Poliakoff wrote:
>> Thanks for the reminder about the -C flag for timsieved.  Using that I
>> can at least limit the "allowplaintext: yes" to timsieved.
>>
>> So we can stumble along with this solution (and the stunnels) until we
>> are able to come up with a STARTTLS patch for the PHP/Pear Net_Sieve
>> class.
>
> Ohh, didn't know this existed. I'm still using sieve-php.lib from Dan
> Ellis with some CRAM-MD5/DIGEST-MD5 patches I wrote to avoid the whole
> plain text password issue.

Hmm, are those patches freely available? Smartsieve is also PHP-based and
only offers PLAIN, so I'd be interested if your patches would work there as
well.

Cheers, Sebastian Hagedorn
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK