SSL wrapped sieve support (ala "imaps") for timsieved [LONG]

Ben Poliakoff benp at reed.edu
Wed Jun 18 11:00:51 EDT 2003

* Scott Russell <lnxgeek at us.ibm.com> [030617 18:52]:
> > So we can stumble along with this solution (and the stunnels) until we
> > are able to come up with a STARTTLS patch for the PHP/Pear Net_Sieve
> > class.
>
> Ohh, didn't know this existed. I'm still using sieve-php.lib from Dan
> Ellis with some CRAM-MD5/DIGEST-MD5 patches I wrote to avoid the whole
> plain text password issue.
>
> Does Net_Sieve not support CRAM-MD5/DIGEST-MD5 auth mechs? If it did
> would that be good enough to solve your problem or are you looking for
> SSL to secure the data transfer beyond the authentication?

Our auth backend is krb5, so CRAM-MD5/DIGEST-MD5 wouldn't be useful for
us, but it sounds like patch for CRAM-MD5/DIGEST-MD5 is forthcoming...

Ben

Ben Poliakoff                                       email: <benp at reed.edu>
Reed College                                          tel:  (503)-788-6674
Unix System Administrator      PGP key: http://www.reed.edu/~benp/key.html
0x6AF52019 fingerprint = A131 F813 7A0F C5B7 E74D  C972 9118 A94D 6AF5 2019