Larry Greenfield leaving CMU

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Fri Jun 20 13:16:41 EDT 2003

I'd like to add that all of us in the Cyrus community are losing a good
friend and advocate.  We all owe Larry a debt of gratitude for his
fantastic work on the Cyrus project since v1.5 and his participation in
the IETF WGs which have helped shape the current state of internet
messaging.

I owe Larry a personal thanks for allowing me to become part of the
Cyrus development team.  IIRC, he did this because I was becoming too
much of a pain in the ass with my endless stream of patches  ;)
Nonetheless, my time working with Larry has been nothing but enjoyable
and rewarding.

Good luck Larry!

Rob Siemborski wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> It is with great sadness that I announce that Larry Greenfield is leaving
> Carnegie Mellon to go work as a programmer for Google in New York City.
> Today is his last day working for CMU.
>
> Larry has been an important part of the Cyrus Project since he came to
> work for CMU, and has always been willing to help with whatever needed to
> get done.  He is one of the most intelligent and interesting people I have
> had the privilege to work with, and I am sad to see him leave.
>
> If you happen to see him in New York, buy him a beer ;)
>
> -Rob

> Rob Siemborski * Andrew Systems Group * Cyert Hall 207 * 412-268-7456
> Research Systems Programmer * /usr/contributed Gatekeeper

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127