HTML-formatted mails [was: Re: Question about Autocreate patch.]

Robert Urban urban at UNIX-Beratung.de
Mon Jun 23 10:24:29 EDT 2003

is it naive of me to think that it might be possible to train users
of this list not to send HTML-formatted mails to the list?

that perhaps with constant reminders and pointers to the appropriate
documentation on netiquette things might improve?

any chance of configuring the list server to reject mails containing HTML?

Rob Urban

http://www.tfl.net/maillistfaq.html
http://www.openz.org/list_etiquette.php
http://www.efn.no/html-bad.html
http://www.writerswrite.com/journal/dec99/pirillo1.htm
http://www-zeuthen.desy.de/~friebel/mail/mail02/text10.html

In PDF, but very nicely done:
http://eesc.orst.edu/agcomwebfile/staff/Cate/Back0999.pdf

other lists' policies:
http://www.histology.to/listservers.html
http://www.rockandwater.net/list-policies.html
http://legalminds.lp.findlaw.com/list/food-law/msg02330.html
http://lyrictracker.com/main.php?action=nug-rules

tips for turning off HTML in various clients:
http://email.about.com/cs/netiquettetips/a/et070103.htm