problems with imap and imsp installation

Richard Hopkins Richard.Hopkins at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Jun 27 06:20:02 EDT 2003

For Solaris systems (7 and 8; not doing 9 yet) we now routinely install
(usually Sun packages, but some from source)...

autoconf
bc
automake
bison
flex
gcc
gdbm
gzip
m4
make
perl
tcl
tcp_wrappers
zlib

...which tends to make life much easier building other softare.

For Cyrus IMSP you do need SASL v1, but this can be installed alongside
SASL v2, so you can have your IMAP using v2 and IMSP using v1.

When cofiguring IMSP v1.6a3, you will get an error "cat: cannot open
./config.h.in" but can safely ignore this in my experience.

Richard

--On Thursday, June 26, 2003 10:53 AM -0500 Ted Fines

Richard Hopkins,
Information Services,
Computer Centre,
University of Bristol,