problems with imap and imsp installation

Simon Brady simon.brady at otago.ac.nz
Fri Jun 27 23:54:29 EDT 2003

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Richard Hopkins wrote:

> And I'd also recommend a --without-ldap on Solaris systems unless you
> intend trying to use it (and failing miserably). I run configure with a...
>
> ./configure --with-auth=unix --without-ldap

I've got --with-ldap working on Solaris 8 (SASL 2.1.10) but it was a
painful process - not because of the Cyrus code, but because of problems
with the supporting infrastructure. This page was a lifesaver for me,
especially the gem about libtool and runpaths:

   http://www.bolthole.com/solaris/LDAP.html

Simon Brady                             mailto:simon.brady at otago.ac.nz
ITS Technical Services
University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand