saslpasswd for batch adds

joe ritter glestadt4 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 18:12:06 EDT 2003

Hello,
I am running a large conversion from UW to Cyrus. I
have pretty much followed to a "T" the excellent doc
at:

http://www.kalamazoolinux.org/projects/awilliam/

However I am noticing that there is no documentation
on adding all these Cyrus users to the sasldb2. What
is the best way to handle this with more than a few
thousand users. I looked at the man page for
saslpasswd2 and it wasn't clear if it was capable of
taking input from a tab delimited user/password file.
We are using auxprop by the way. If anyone can share
their experience or suggestions with this I would
greatly appreciate it.

Thanks