Problem moving mailboxes under murder

Luc Germain Luc.Germain at USherbrooke.ca
Wed Jul 2 12:26:52 EDT 2003

Hi,

We have set up a murder cluster, and all seems to be working normally except
that if I try to rename a mailbox to move it from one backend to another, I
always get the message that the "Mailbox does not exist"

For example, let's say I have a user "myuser1" on server1 that I want to
move to server2. I login as the administrative user on a frontend and do
this command:

localhost> rename user/myuser1 user/myuser1 server2
renamemailbox: Mailbox does not exist

I can see in the logs that the proxy user from the frontend make a
successful login on server1, and that the proxy user from server1 makes a
successful login to server2 (to initiate the xfer command) but the rename
never happen. Also, I checked that the proxy user from server1 is a full
admin on server2.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Note: we are using cyrus imap 2.1.13 on RH 7.3 with the following options:

unixhierarchysep: yes
altnamespace: yes

Thanks

Luc.
--
Luc Germain, analyste
Université de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke (Québec) Canada