Problem moving mailboxes under murder

Luc Germain Luc.Germain at USherbrooke.ca
Thu Jul 3 16:45:22 EDT 2003

> Actually, I'm pretty sure this has been fixed in 2.1.14 (now that I've
> done the research and couldn't come up with a code path that
> would cause
> this ;-).
>
> Could you try the new version and let me know?

I installed 2.1.14 on all servers in the murder, and now I can successfully
do a rename of a user between the backend servers (good!) BUT only if the
user doesn't have subdirectories in his mailbox.

If the user has a subdirectory, here is what I see:

In cyradm on the frontend:

localhost.localdomain> rename user/myuser1 user/myuser1 server1
renamemailbox: The remote Server(s) denied the operation

In the cyradm dialog on the server2 where the user is:

---------- cyradm Thu Jul  3 16:23:45 2003

<1057263825<C1 Capability
>1057263825>* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+
MAILBOX-REFERRALS NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN
MULTIAPPEND SORT THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES IDLE LOGINDISABLED
MUPDATE=mupdate://master.usherbrooke.ca/
C1 OK Completed
<1057263825<5 XFER {12+}
user/myuser1 {9+}
server1
>1057263826>5 NO The remote Server(s) denied the operation

And in the proxyuser dialog on the server1 where the user is to be moved:

---------- cyrusxferproxy Thu Jul  3 16:23:45 2003

<1057263825<C1 Capability
>1057263825>* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+
MAILBOX-REFERRALS NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN
MULTIAPPEND SORT THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES IDLE LOGINDISABLED
MUPDATE=mupdate://master.usherbrooke.ca/
C1 OK Completed
<1057263826<LC1 LOCALCREATE {30+}
[Autres Usagers]/myuser1/test1
>1057263826>LC1 NO Invalid mailbox name
<1057263826<L01 LOGOUT
>1057263826>* BYE LOGOUT received
L01 OK Completed

So the xfer seems to try to move a subdirectory first, before creating the
user's INBOX and also, it tries to name it "[Autres Usagers]/myuser1/test1"
instead of "user/myuser1/test1" (where the string "[Autres Usagers]" is what
is defined in the "userprefix:" line of imapd.conf).

It seems the xfer command still have some problems with unixhierarchysep and
altnamespace. Can you check that?

Thanks!

Luc.