Determining deliverability

Pat Lashley patl at volant.org
Sun Jul 13 16:11:18 EDT 2003

--On Sunday, July 13, 2003 11:24:50 -0700 Jason Fesler <jfesler at gigo.com>
wrote:

> Just occasionaly dump a list of users, and feed it into the MTA's favorite
> format.  Or do it after "newuser" gets ran.  Or whatever frequency/event
> makes sense.

I've thought of that; but it really needs to be run whenever a mailbox
is created or destroyed.  Or at least when a shared mailbox or user's
inbox is created or destroyed.  If that were only possible via cyradm,
I could just wrap a script around that; but it can be done my some MUAs
as well.

And whatever utility I used to do that would need to know the same
Cyrus implementation details and be kept in sync with any Cyrus changes.

>  Nothing says that _cyrus_ has to be queried on every "RCPT TO:"..

Nothing except the principal of implementation opacity that the Cyrus
architecture implements so well for basic delivery and mailbox access.

-Pat