unsafe domain socket

Steve Goodliff steveg at wwwatt.co.uk
Mon Jul 14 09:17:55 EDT 2003

Hello,

After much fiddling I think I'm near the end of implementing cyrus with
sendmail, but when I try to send mail to my mailbox sendmail reports the
following error.

SYSERR(root): makeconnection_ds: unsafe domain socket: No such file or
directory

I've checked the config below and altered the A=FILE bit accordingly but it
still comes up with the error. The file definitely exists but is owned by
root. Can any one throw any light on this ?

ls -l /var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp
srwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            0 Jul 14 14:11
/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp

Cheers

Steve Goodliff

divert(0)dnl
VERSIONID(`cyrus v2 sample configuartion')

dnl OSTYPE(linux)
define(`confBIND_OPTS',`-DNSRCH -DEFNAMES')
define(`confTO_IDENT',`0')

dnl setting cyrus as the trusted user will make it easier to pass
dnl Sendmail's safefile checks.  however, it means that someone with the
dnl "cyrus" password could easily become root.
dnl define(`confTRUSTED_USER', `cyrus')

define(`confLOCAL_MAILER', `cyrus')

FEATURE(`nocanonify')
FEATURE(`always_add_domain')
MAILER(`local')
MAILER(`smtp')

MAILER_DEFINITIONS
Mcyrus,         P=[IPC], F=lsDFMnqA@/:|SmXz, E=\r\n,
                S=EnvFromL, R=EnvToL/HdrToL, T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                A=FILE /var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp

LOCAL_RULE_0
Rbb + $+ < @ $=w . >    $#cyrus $: + $1