Anyone migrating from lotus to cyrus

Ramprasad A Padmanabhan ramprasad at netcore.co.in
Wed Jul 16 02:40:25 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 20:56, Mike Cathey wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 10:40, Ramprasad A Padmanabhan wrote:
> > Can Anyone give me any leads
>
> Set 'Debug => 1' in your source Mail::IMAPClient instance.
>
> What version of Mail::IMAPClient are you using?
>
> If you're not running the latest version from CPAN (2.2.8), I strongly
> suggest you do so.  I just migrated a few (~4500) accounts with the
> module and found that the version in debian/stable was so old that the
> migrate() method wasn't even fully implemented in it.  I had to grab the
> lastest version from CPAN.  There was a bug (ID# 2455) in the migrate
> method in 2.2.7 that caused it to not copy the message flags to the
> destination IMAP server for messages smaller than $bufferSize.  This
> appears to be fixed in 2.2.8.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mike

Great to hear that you too are using Mail::IMAPClient. Just a question
When I used the migrate function to migrate the folders ( from a WU-imap
server to a cyrus server ) I found that My script would sometimes just
hang. This would happen whenever the mails included some spechial
charachters and '\0' chars
So I did the laborius way of getting the mail list and copying all mails
one by one and timing out if a mail took too long. This way I also got
rid of the bug that would set an incorrect date on the destination
server. The date problem occurred only for Outlook Express clients.
BTW I am using Mail::IMAPClient ver 2.2.7

Now When I am trying to migrate from a lotus server I am having more
problems of mails timing out
Besides there is an excellent pascal script for IMAP copy at
http://home.arcor.de/armin.diehl/imapcopy/imapcopy.html
But that too does not copy all mails

I was looking if there was a utlility that could directly read the
".nsf" files from a lotus server and convert to mails in cyrus

Did you not face these problems at all, Can you just me mail me your
script If you dont mind.

Thanks
Ram

NETCORE SOLUTIONS *** Ph: +91 22 5662 8000 Fax: +91 22 5662 8134

MailServ: Email, IM, Proxy, Firewall, Anti-Virus, LDAP
Fleximail: Mail Storage, Management and Relaying
http://netcore.co.in

Emergic Freedom: Linux-based Thin Client-Thick Server Computing
http://www.emergic.com

BlogStreet: Top Blogs, Neighborhoods, Search and Utilities
http://www.blogstreet.com

Rajesh Jain's Weblog on Technology: http://www.emergic.org