cyradm login failed

Henry Umansky hmust2+ at pitt.edu
Wed Jul 16 10:36:27 EDT 2003

Could this be the reason why I can't login to cyradm??  I get the following
error:

 imapd[21226]: could not find auxprop plugin, was searching for '[all]'

--On Wednesday, July 16, 2003 7:45 AM +0200 Nikola Milutinovic
<Nikola.Milutinovic at ev.co.yu> wrote:r

>> [cyrus at parent cyrus]$ cyradm --auth login localhost --user cyrus
>
> The correct form is: "cyradm --auth=login localhost --user=cyrus"
>
> and this is NOT what you want!
>
> "--auth=METHOD" chooses the SASL method for authentication, which can be
> one of (depending what you've built):
>
> "LOGIN" - Microsoft's (unsupporeted) login protocol
> "PLAIN" - cleartext user/pass
> "CRAM-MD5" - (obvious)
> "DIGEST-MD5" - (obvious)
> "KERBEROS_4" - Kerberos v4
> "GSSAPI" - Kerberos v5
> "OTP" - One-Time Passwords
> "NTLM" - NT Lan Manager
>
> I'd advise "DIGEST-MD5".
>
> Nix.

Henry Umansky
University of Pittsburgh
Computing Services and Systems Development
hmust2 [at] pitt [dot] edu
(412) 624 -4357