FLAGS problem / version question

John J. Sprouse jsprouse at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Jul 16 14:58:26 EDT 2003

Hello all,

I've noticed that with Cyrus v1.5.2, when SELECTING some of my mailboxes
the "* FLAGS ..." response is garbled.  Pine and OE seem to handle this
okay, but I'm trying to get Mozilla-mail (v1.4) to work and it seems to
give up on the mailbox.

Transcript of the garbled response is below.  My question is, has this
been fixed in a later version (I couldn't find any release notes on the
site)??

Thanks much!
--John

telnet postoffice.srv.cs.cmu.edu 143
Trying 128.2.181.62...
Connected to postoffice.srv.cs.cmu.edu.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK postoffice.srv.cs.cmu.edu Cyrus IMAP4 v1.5.2 server ready
1 login jsprouse XXXXXXX
1 OK User logged in
2 select "INBOX"
* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Draft \Deleted \Seen  Non
jspro)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Draft \Deleted \Seen  Non
jspro \*)]
* 1349 EXISTS
* 0 RECENT
* OK [UNSEEN 1348]