ctl_mboxlist : line %s : no partition found

Uli Schellhaas uli.schellhaas at leute.server.de
Thu Jul 17 08:41:48 EDT 2003

Hello Cyrus admins,

i got huge problems installing cyrus in a new setup. I am not new to cyrus
itself, but right now i am stuck, and need help.

the following setup is made:
Debian woody Linux System, anything installed per stable packages, but not
cyrus-sasl and cyrus-imapd.
Cyrus sasl is V 2.1.15, Imapd is 2.1.14

A user Cyrus was created, using group mail (already existing)

Compile options have been: (sasl):
--disable-anon --enable-ntlm --with-dblib=none --disable-otp --with-opie=non
e --disable-gssapi --disable-krb4 --disable-digest --disable-cram

(imapd):
--prefix=/usr/cyrus --bindir=/usr/cyrus/bin --with-cyrus-dir=/usr/cyrus --wi
th-cyrus-user=cyrus --with-cyrus-group=mail --enable-sieve --with-mboxlist-d
b=flat

Directories /var/lib/imap ./db ./log ./proc ./socket ./user ./msg ./quota
and /var/spool/imap ./user were created and assigned the cyrus:mail owner.

My System itself is using pam_ldap over nss_ldap for finally doing a
kerberos auth. My Cyrus user can login using kerberos, saslauthd, and is
also in passwd files.

Saslauthd is started with -a pam and working for any tested user.
/etc/imapd.conf contents:
--
configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
defaultpartition: default
admins: cyrus
imap_admins: root
allowanonymouslogin: no
autocreatequota: 10000
reject8bit: no
quotawarn: 90
timeout: 30
poptimeout: 10
dracinterval: 0
drachost: localhost
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
--
Cyrus master daemon is running.

Now the Problem: I cannot create any Mailbox!

the Symptoms are those: using ctl_mboxlist -u <list
tells for any line in "list"-file (which is a output from another servers
ctl_mboxlist -d)
Line x: no partition found.    (x is the line number)

The partition declared in the "list"-file is always "default"
But my imapd.conf defines this partition!

Ok, so i thought "You know this on your other System, with other cyrus-sasl
and imapd Versions... its just the same" and wanted to use cyradm to create
some mailboxes.

Login failed there

"
./cyradm -s localhost -auth login -user cyrus
IMAP Password:
               at /usr/lib/perl/5.6.1/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 118
"
meanwhile saslauthd tells it succeeded:

"
saslauthd[10165] :cache_lookup    : [login=cyrus] [service=] [realm=imap]:
found with valid passwd
saslauthd[10165] :cache_un_lock   : attempting to release lock on slot: 1013
saslauthd[10165] :do_auth         : auth success (cached): [user=cyrus]
[service=imap] [realm=]
saslauthd[10165] :do_request      : response: OK
saslauthd[10165] :get_accept_lock : acquired accept lock
"

Please help me creating a mailbox :///

p.s.: I have to admit that i changed the source of sasl in /lib/common.c.

I removed a elseif error thing (" Bad IPLOCALPORT value ") to have
saslauthd -a pam running because i didnt want to recompile openldap clients
(i googled alot for this issue, and thought it would have no meaning in the
mailbox thing, only in auth things, maybe someone can tell about it).

It was located between those lines:

  case SASL_IPLOCALPORT:
      if(conn->got_ip_local)
          *(const char **)pvalue = conn->iplocalport;
      else {
          *(const char **)pvalue = NULL;
          result = SASL_NOTDONE;
      }