deliver.db == 50MB

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Fri Jul 25 12:37:31 EDT 2003

Tarjei Huse wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 17:46, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Mike Cathey wrote:
>>
>>>I just wanted to see if it was normal to see the deliver db get this
>>>big...
>>
>>It will get as big as you let it to.  Depends on frequency of prunning, and
>>the ammount of traffic through lmtp.  Mine is at 11MB right now.
>
> Btw. lets say the database gets corrupt. Is that a problem, or could you
> just delete it and start over?

It won't break anything "badly".  You will lose duplicate suppression
for those messages that have already arrived, people might get a second
sieve vacation/reject response, and with 2.2 NNTP you'll lose the
ability to fetch articles by message-id.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127