Could not complete request over quota errors

Andre Nicholson andre at neo-anime.org
Wed Jul 30 16:43:25 EDT 2003

I run into this problem **all of the time** with my users. What's happening, if you use
a Trash folder, is that the message is first /copied/ to the Trash folder and then if
successful the original message is deleted. Why isn't it just moved?? Is it SquirrelMail
or Cyrus that's the cause?

Having SM, or any other client for that matter, not use Trash folder isn't a prime
solution as nearly every user that's used e-mail is used to the concept of "delete moves
messages to Trash folder, it's emptied every night automatically but if I made a mistake
I can get my message back before then."

I once saw a patch for SM that would fix this, but it's for a very older version and I
haven't tried it:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=311&atid=300311&func=detail&aid=646386

What I've wanted to do is to remove quotas on just the Trash folder, but I haven't been
able to figure it out -- it's emptied automatically anyway on my setup.

Andre