requiring encryption but not from localhost?

Matt Bernstein mb/cyrus at dcs.qmul.ac.uk
Wed Jul 30 08:53:52 EDT 2003

At 13:13 +0100 Matt Bernstein wrote:
>At 13:47 +0200 Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
>
>>Sure:
>>
>>allowplaintext: no
>
>Wrong.
>
>      allowplaintext: yes
>            Allow the use of the SASL PLAIN mechanism.

Sorry Sebastian--my "Wrong" was wrong, because this piece of documentation
(which I trusted) is wrong.

It should say "Allow the use of the SASL PLAIN and LOGIN mechanisms over
an unencrypted transport".

So, first problem solved. (I did test it, but only by HUPing the master
process, and my imtest clients must have hooked up to a stale preforked
imapd. Shouldn't HUPing master send a TERM to preforked processes?)

Second problem involves extinguishing Debian.. :-/

Matt