cyrus-2.2-cvs: virtualdomains and sendmail virtusertable (cyrusv2 as local mailer)

Christian Schulte cs at schulte.it
Sat Jan 4 00:56:14 EST 2003

Ilan Rabinovitch schrieb:

>Hello Christian,
>
>Any chance I can get a look at your sendmail.mc or sendmail.cf files.  Im
>trying to accomplish the same as you but following your thread of e-mails on
>the list I cant seem to reach the same poitn as you.
>
>Thanks,
>Ilan

I solved it! I tried to deliver to a local alias by using
localalias at machine all the time and if I only use localalias the
expansion also works for me. I modified your patch a bit to get the
default domain (mainly the hostname of the machine) not appended to
local names by simply putting one rule before yours:

R$+ < @ $j . > $#_LOCAL_ $: $1

So all email beeing sent to the local machine will not get the @domain
appended to theire names and so cyrus can expand aliases to this domain
also! Now I am able to map to localaliases in virtusertable by specifying

@domain.it    localalias at machinename

You really helped me a lot! Thanks!

--Christian--

Modified patch:
I am sure that changing the syntax of local usernames to containing a
non-allowed @ character in rule 0 for the whole sendmail installation
will definetly become strange when it comes to UUCP mailers or whatever
other mailers used, but I really read a lot of sendmail documentation of
where to get the @domain part into local usernames and I cannot find a
better place to do it elsewhere. Only using MAILER(smtp) and
MAILER(cyrusv2) in sendmail.mc with cyrusv2 beeing defined as the local
mailer everything works for me as I needed it to but complex sites who
have to deal with many other mailers in theire sendmail.mc files will
get into problems I think. So I would not recommend to use this for such
sites!

1094,1097c1094,1096
< R< > $+ < $+ >		$#_LOCAL_ $: @ $1		nope, local address',
< `R$=L < @ $=w . >	$#_LOCAL_ $: @ $1`@'$2	special local names