saslauthd performance anxiety

John Alton Tamplin jtampli at sph.emory.edu
Thu Jan 9 16:30:01 EST 2003

Paul M Fleming wrote:

>Timing out the passwords is simple ( I think ) I would store the time
>when the entry is added and force a reauth if the password has been
>cached longer than a timeout (for example one hour ). That forces a
>reauth at least every timeout period of time. If an entry isn't in the
>cache (or if it is different the entry would be removed and ) a reauth
>would be forced. Every successfull auth would be added to the cache.

Also, if the authentication against the cached entry fails it should be
refreshed and tried against the new one, so that if the user changes
their password the caching is transparent.

--
John A. Tamplin                               Unix System Administrator
Emory University, School of Public Health     +1 404/727-9931