saslauthd performance anxiety

simon.brady at otago.ac.nz simon.brady at otago.ac.nz
Sat Jan 11 23:17:49 EST 2003

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Paul M Fleming wrote:

> Personally I have issues with dumping the contents of a password cache
> to a file. Especially in this case, they WILL be stored in cleartext. I
> had planned on keeping somes stats (hits,misses,etc)

Fair enough. Even if you don't dump passwords, it might be useful to show
info like the username, when its entry was added to the cache, and when it
was last hit. This could be handy when answering questions like "why did
user X experience an auth failure at time T?".

Simon Brady                             mailto:simon.brady at otago.ac.nz
ITS Technical Services
University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand