saslauthd performance anxiety

Kervin L. Pierre kervin at blueprint-tech.com
Wed Jan 1 17:23:25 EST 2003

simon.brady at otago.ac.nz wrote:
> directory it's binding to is quite slow (it's actually a slapd instance
> running a shell backend which routes bind requests to different places
> depending on the usercode - don't ask...). Because saslauthd makes

Maybe you should seriously consider moving from back-shell to back-perl,
which you can optimize much more and is probably quicker right of the
bat, since it does not spawn a separate process for the interpreter.

Better still, have you thought of back-meta or back-ldap?  These were
designed for ldap routing.

I suspect you're optimizing the the wrong bottleneck.

--

Kervin Pierre

kervin at blueprint-tech.com
kervin at kervin.net