sieve notifyd method for sending sms doesn't work

mt mt at thalmann.de
Wed Jan 1 06:46:46 EST 2003

I want to get the contrib notify_unix stuff to work. My goal is to send sms
messages in case of important messages. This is my sieve file:

require ["fileinto","notify"];
if anyof (header :contains "subject" "test") {
        fileinto "INBOX.test
#tried       notify :method "zephyr"  :message "Important message";
#tried       notify :method "notify"  :message "Important message";
#tried       notify :method "daemon"  :message "Important message";
               notify :method "log"  :message "Important message";
}

This is my imap.conf
mailnotifier: log
sievenotifier: log

I get entries in my log like that:

Jan  1 03:27:30 horizon notifyd[15498]: do_notify using method 'log'
Jan  1 03:27:30 horizon notifyd[15498]: MAIL, , mt, INBOX.test,  "From: mt
<mt at xx.do.main> Subject: test To: mt at xx.do.main "
Jan  1 03:27:30 horizon notifyd[15498]: do_notify using method 'unknown'

I have tried all methods I have found in the man pages and in the
mailarchives, but to no avail. The perl scripts are build and started. Please
can someone point me to the correct direction? As my search of the archives
revealed it is not only me who has some problems getting this type of
setup to work.