solved: sieve notifyd method for sending sms doesn't work

mt mt at thalmann.de
Sun Jan 5 19:03:06 EST 2003

As it seems that cyrus doesn't support the notify example scripts in the
contrib directory anymore I have come up with a workaround:
All Mail to *@sms-gateway.internal is piped to an external shell script which
sends the mail as sms (the user part is used as the number). Just define a
new mailtransport in /etc/postfix/master.cf . I'm using postfix as the mta
but I'm sure sendmail can do the same.
Now forward important mail by sieve to the address
yourcellphonenumber at sms-gateway.internal in addition to any other archiving
sorting etc.
If anyone is interested I can supply the script and a more detailed
description.

Micha