Add mailbox automatically

Kendrick Vargas ken at hudat.com
Wed Jan 1 18:50:58 EST 2003

On Wed, 1 Jan 2003, Kervin L. Pierre wrote:

> I am working on some PHP scripts to manage mailboxes and I have to use
> passthough calls to execute cyradm to add mailboxes.
>
> I'd like to avoid opening a shell from the web for security and
> performance reasons.

You don't have to open a shell. If you look at http://www.php.net/imap
you'll notice there are a number of functions which you could use to log
in as your cyrus admin and create mailboxes with. There are also likely
examples out there for you to use, in fact if you look in the archives of
this list for my address you'll notice I posted a class which lets you
create mailboxes n' stuff. It's not hard at all, I do it all the time.
			-peace

--
Let he who is without clue kiss my ass