Problems with authentication

Michael Obster mo1032 at apollo.bingo-ev.de
Thu Jan 2 17:24:52 EST 2003

Hi,

thx for the people who showed me the good documentation ;-)

Ok. I have now tracked the problem a little bit.

root at gutmann:/usr/lib# imtest -m login -a cyrus localhost
S: * OK gutmann Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.11 server ready
C: C01 CAPABILITY
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND SORT THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES IDLE STARTTLS AUTH=CRAM-MD5 AUTH=DIGEST-MD5 AUTH=OTP
S: C01 OK Completed
Please enter your password:
C: L01 LOGIN cyrus {8}
S: + go ahead
C: <omitted>
S: L01 NO Login failed: generic failure
Authentication failed. generic failure
Security strength factor: 0
. logout
* BYE LOGOUT received
. OK Completed
Connection closed.

Looks like for some reason cyrus cannot authenticate my users. I use sasl 2.1.10.

Here is my /etc/imapd.conf:
configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: cyrus