Yet another mail-restore question...

Earl Shannon Earl_Shannon at ncsu.edu
Wed Jan 8 11:23:24 EST 2003

Hello,

Quick recovery is a definite concern with Cyrus. The thing that
really needs to be looked at in my opinion is some form of
scalability/redundancy design that allows machines to be added
and removed on the fly without affecting services provided.
This implies a cluster arrangement of some sort.
This has been discussed a little bit before on this list, ie,
mostly how to go about doing it with filesystems and TCP/IP
load balancing mechanisms. I haven't looked closely enough
at the concept of a Cyrus Murder to know whether or not it
would provide the type of scalability and redundancy that I
would like.

Regards,
Earl Shannon
--
Systems Programmer, Computing Services, Information Technology
NC State University.