Including UCD-SNMP support in Cyrus IMAPD

Lawrence Greenfield leg+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Jan 5 14:15:31 EST 2003

--On Sunday, January 05, 2003 7:22 PM +0100 marc.bigler at day.com wrote:

>> Try,
>> LIBS="-lkstat -lkvm" ./configure ...
>
> I now had a try and it finally compiled perfectly ! Now, is that somehow
> normal that I need to do that, shouldn't this be automatically done with
> the configure script ?

UCD SNMP can depend on so many different system libraries it's pretty hard
to design a reliable configure test. We don't want to bring in many
libraries that we don't need to since that can cause other problems. Also,
dynamic libraries should have implicit dependencies, so this sort of thing
isn't necessary if you have dynamic snmp libraries.

I guess it would be nice if the net-snmp folks provided a configure test
themselves, since they're the ones who would have some idea of what it
could depend on.

Larry