Including UCD-SNMP support in Cyrus IMAPD

marc.bigler at day.com marc.bigler at day.com
Thu Jan 9 09:09:50 EST 2003

Thanks, it looks like that worked, I now compiled Cyrus IMAP with the
following:

LIBS="-Wl,-zignore"

and I've checked with ldd to see if the kstat and kvm library where display
and they are not anymore so it looks fine. Now an important question, how
can I check that UCD-SNMP is really working with my Cyrus IMAP ?

Regards
Marc

                    Igor Brezac                       To:     marc.bigler at day.com
                    <igor at ipass.net>                  cc:     info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
                    Sent by:                          Subject:     Re: Including UCD-SNMP support in Cyrus IMAPD
                    owner-info-cyrus at lists.andr
                    ew.cmu.edu

                    01/08/03 10:51 PM
                    Please respond to
                    info-cyrus

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 marc.bigler at day.com wrote:

> >I must have mis-understood you.  You need to use this option to compile
> >cyrus-imapd.  -Wl,-zignore will ignore libraries not referenced by the
> >link process.
>
> >If you want to fix UCD-SNMP libs, you need to pass -Wl,-zdefs to LDFLAGS
> >and then add neccessary libs to the link process until everything
compiles
> >fine.  Actually, you may need to use -zdefs because libtool on solaris
> >uses 'ld' for link-edit.  This is a libtool bug, but this is a subject
for
> >a different forum.
>
> Oh ok this is for Cyrus IMAP, then I misunderstood you... So now from the
> two solutions you gave what do you think is the best to do:

You do not have to do either.  What you have works.  ;)  You asked me if
cyrus binaries can be compiled without all these unneccessary libraries?
Option 1) will do this.

1) - use -Wl,-zignore to compile Cyrus IMAP or

I would not go through the effort of fixing UCD libs unless you are
familiar with the link-edit process.  Do not bother with 2).

2) - use -Wl,-zdefs to compile UCD SNMP

Hope this helps.

-Igor