Cyrus Authentication Problem

Jon "GenKIller" Gaudette webmaster at digital-drip.com
Mon Jan 6 11:15:22 EST 2003

Good and Bad News :(

That fixed that particular authentication error, but aunveiled another
one :(

Now when I issue the command imtest -m login -p imap localhost as user
cyrus it 'works'.  However, when I try to create a new user by following
the directions at http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/Cyrus-IMAP-8.html#ss8.2 I
cannot seem to add users to my server:

I attempted to create the user 'joebob'.  But even after I user
'saslpasswd joebob' and set the password accordingly, I still get the
following error when attempting to login

---
[root at mail root]# imtest -m login -a joebob localhost
S: * OK mail.url Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.11-Invoca-RPM-2.1.11-3 server ready
C: C01 CAPABILITY
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS
NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND SORT
THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES IDLE STARTTLS LISTEXT
LIST-SUBSCRIBED ANNOTATEMORE X-NETSCAPE
S: C01 OK Completed
Please enter your password:
C: L01 LOGIN joebob {8}
S: + go ahead
C: <omitted>
S: L01 NO Login failed: authentication failure
Authentication failed. generic failure
Security strength factor: 0
. logout
* BYE LOGOUT received
. OK Completed
Connection closed.
---

Thank you very much for the help thus far, and help you can provide
again will be truly appreciated!!!

-Jon