lmtpd don't advertise the "EXTERNAL" auth method

Balazs GAL balsa at rit.bme.hu
Tue Jan 7 07:49:28 EST 2003

2003-01-06, h keltezéssel Balazs GAL ezt írta:
> Hi!
>
> I use a backported version of debian's (thanks hmh) cyrus21 2.1.11-5
> package.
>
> My problem is that, lmtpd don't advertise the "EXTERNAL" auth method
[...]
> What's the solution? Can anybody reproduce it?

> sasl_minimum_layer: 56

The problem is the sasl_minimum_layer option, e.g if I set it to 0, it
works.
I don't think, that this is the normal behavior of lmtpd, because
it run on an "Preauthorized connection".
I think that lmtpd should only care the sasl_minimum_layer option if
it run on an NOT "Preauthorized connection" like a tcp port running
without the '-a' cmdl option.
So I think this is a bug here in cyrus 2.1.11.

balsa