Outlook wont work with secure Password

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Thu Jan 9 20:26:39 EST 2003

David Brandt wrote:

> Hi,
> i have big problems getting outlook working with "Secure password" (dunno
> how its called in english) turned on.
> The only Problem is that outlook sends "AUTH \r\n" instead of "AUTH\r\n"
> (note the space).
> The Cyrus POP3 then says Syntax error.
> Any help?

The AUTH command expects the SASL mechanism to follow the AUTH command,
ie "AUTH NTLM\r\n"

Check RFC 1734.  In any case if you're trying to use the checkbox in
Outlook that I think you are, you'll have to have the user's passord in
/etc/sasldb.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127