Working Vacation??

Mark Keasling mark at air.co.jp
Wed Jan 22 01:58:13 EST 2003

Hi Ken,

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:43:12 -0500, Ken Murchison <ken at oceana.com> wrote...
> Did you try sieve/test on your script and a message?

I've finally had a chance to try sieve/test on the script and a message as you
suggested.  The test program after asking questions decided to send a vacation
response.  However, the same message sent through lmtp to a user with a vacation
script doesn't cause a vacation reply.

I've hacked in the sieve/script.c VACATION section.  Adding syslog LOG_DEBUG
calls where SIEVE_DONE is set.  It gets to the section where it tries to
find "my address" in the headers TO, CC or BCC.  However, myaddr contains
"test at unspecified-domain" rather than "test at test.air.co.jp" and since it
can't find the unspecified-domain address in the headers, it bails out and
doesn't send a vacation response.

Where does "unspecified-domain" come from?  How can I fix it?

I was connecting directly to sendmail so I'm certain that I didn't enter
the unspecified-domain.  I suppose that sendmail is stripping off the domain
part.

helo test.air.co.jp
mail from: mark at air.co.jp
rcpt to: test at test.air.co.jp