backup mail server

Lee lee_hoffman at brown.edu
Sun Jan 12 14:28:10 EST 2003

> I am in the process of testing out this same setup at present under
> Linux
> and I have a couple of questions.
>
> 1) How large is your Cyrus installation (# of accounts,  # of
> simultaneous

286 Accounts, usually around 10-15 simultaneous IMAP connections.  Total
spool size is 4.2 gigs, this includes stage and all user data. We've
designed this system to scale to 1500 accounts per box, but havent
fully tested under that load yet though.

> connections and IMAP spool size)
> 2) What DRBD protocol are you using A,B or C and over what file system
> (EXT2, LVM,& EXT3 ???)

DRBD protocol C / Ext3

> 3) Are you using block replicated disks for both your IMAP spool &
> your IMAP
> directory (Mailboxes DB etc)?

Yes, we are using block replication for everything directly related to
services running on this system.