backup mail server

Jared Watkins jwatkins at snowcrash.homeip.net
Mon Jan 13 00:31:42 EST 2003

How long have you been using this setup... and have you ever had any
problem... or needed to do a failover.. or a failback? Do you dedicate
nics for the replication.. are they GB?  Do you have any stats on the
typical data rates for the replication under normal load?

I've thought about using this setup as a poor mans san for a simple hot
spare...  but I've not known of anyone actually doing it in production..
so I'm interested to know your experiences.  I'll assume you are running
on hardware raid.. and doing backups... but what about using the LVM and
snapshots?

Much thanks you brave soul...
Jared