Per-Domain-Quota in 2.2 with virtual domains turned on ?

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Fri Jan 31 16:26:10 EST 2003

Christian Schulte wrote:

> Ken Murchison wrote:
>
> >I'l have to talk to Rob and Larry again, but I think that if we're
> >interested in creating the directories on the fly, we'd want to do them
> >as needed (create just what we need now, not the entire tree) and do
> >this regardless of whether we're using virtdomains.
> >
> mkimap should only be necessary for installing the cyrus system, I
> think. Without virtdomains one does mkimap exactly one times for
> installing purposes and does not need it ever again. Administration can
> completely be done with nearly every IMAP-client. With virtdomains this
> should work also, I think but does not....I cannot administer cyrus only
> with an IMAP-client if using virtdomains and that was something I needed...

My point is (and I _think_ Rob agrees) is that mkimap shouldn't be
needed at all.  If we try to create a file whose parent directories
don't exist, we just create them on the fly.  This means that if you
don't have any users whose userid hashes to 'x', then this directory
will never be created.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127