Quota Warnings

Christian Schulte cs at schulte.it
Tue Jan 14 12:43:46 EST 2003

Víctor Guerra schrieb:

> Hello everybody, i have a cyrus-qmail installation on Red hat 7.3. I
> have set quotas to everybody and i want the following: When somebody
> (the sender) writes an e-mail to somebody (the recipient) cyrus must
> check quotas and if the recipient has the quota full... cyrus must to
> reply the sender telling that to him. Somebody knows how to do this?
>
> thanks a log
>
> Regards.
> Víctor Guerra
> vguerra at skios.es <mailto:vguerra at skios.es>

?>man imapd.conf

 lmtp_over_quota_perm_failure: 0
          If enabled, lmtpd returns a permanent failure code when
          a  user's  mailbox  is  over  quota.   By  default, the
          failure is temporary.

I think one of these two possible modes should do it. I have sendmail
and played a bit with this option yesterday:
If disabled sendmail tries delivery for 5 days sending a warning to the
sender after one hour and returns the email after these 5 days if the
mailbox is still over quota
If enabled sendmail immediately returns the mail stating an error "Over
Quota"

--Christian--