Sendmail: deliver to local and cyrus users

Steve Huston huston at astro.Princeton.EDU
Wed Jan 15 10:19:51 EST 2003

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, John Colton wrote:
> I'm using cyrus-imapd-2.1.11 and sendmail-8.11.6 on RedHat 6.2.
> I have some users who are local and some who are cyrus.  What's the best way
> to set this up?  My experience so far is that when cyrus is defined as the
> local mailer using define(`confLOCAL_MAILER',`cyrus'), mail to non-cyrus
> users is bounced.  If cyrus is not defined as the local mailer, mail to the
> cyrus users is bounced.
> I know this is a sendmail question but I thought I'd try here first.

A bit of a hack, but:

Deliver all mail to Procmail, and have a default rule to deliver to Cyrus at
the end of /etc/procmailrc.

Then create a .procmailrc for each local user, which ends with delivering to
their $MAIL location.

You might also be able to define $MAIL per-user, and just deliver to $MAIL for
everyone; have the default set to cyrus, and each local user has it set to
their mailbox.

Though I admit, I like the idea of virtusertable better :>

--
Steve Huston - Unix Systems Administrator, Dept. of Astrophysical Sciences
 Princeton University  |     ICBM Address: 40.346525   -74.651285