Cyrus IMAPd & auth problem

John A. Tamplin jtampli at sph.emory.edu
Wed Jan 15 08:51:18 EST 2003

Marc-Christian Petersen wrote:

>On Wednesday 15 January 2003 11:39, David Brandt wrote:
>

>>CRAM-MD5 doenst work with saslauthd.
>>

>this cannot be the reason. I have other users as well using the same MUA with
>the same setup. The only difference here is that sasl2db contains all working
>users. The non-working user isn't listed in sasl2db.

saslauthd is only used for login, not CRAM-MD5 or DIGEST-MD5.  Those
methods require the cleartext password to be stored in sasl2db (etc).
 If you have no users in sasl2db, you should disable CRAM-MD5 and
DIGEST-MD5 as authentication methods.  There is an option to migrate
users from LOGIN to CRAM-MD5/etc by storing them in sasl2db after they
login once -- take a look at the documentation if that is what you are
trying to do.

--
John A. Tamplin
Unix Systems Administrator