Question about hash directory for builetin board folders

Luc Germain Luc.Germain at USherbrooke.ca
Thu Jan 16 12:03:10 EST 2003

Hi,

We use Cyrus v2.1.8 on a RedHat 7.3 server, with the following options:

hashimapspool: yes
unixhierarchysep: yes
altnamespace: yes

I observed a strange behavior for the shared mailboxes: each subdirectory of
a shared mailbox is placed under a different hash letter in the mailstore.
For example, we have a shared folder named "test_partage" containing 2
sub-folders named test and test2. Here are the associated directories in the
mailstore:

drwx------    2 cyrus    mail         4096 Jan 13 12:25 C/test_partage/
drwx------    2 cyrus    mail         4096 Jan 16 11:54
D/test_partage/test2/
drwx------    2 cyrus    mail         4096 Jan 13 09:55 I/test_partage/test/

Is it normal that each folder is placed under a different hash letter? If
yes, why?

That is not the case for normal users folders.

Thanks.
--
Luc Germain, analyste
Support technique