Cyrus and NFS

marc.bigler at day.com marc.bigler at day.com
Fri Jan 17 12:27:49 EST 2003

Hello,

I've read in the documentation of Cyrus that it was not safe to use NFS.
Now it doesn't tell much more about what really isn't safe with NFS, that's
why I am writting this mail with the following questions:

- Are ALL usage cases of Cyrus with NFS unsafe ? For example a Cyrus IMAP
server mounting it's partition dir from an NFS server and being the ONLY
one writting to this NFS share, is that also unsafe ?

- Which cases of usage of Cyrus with NFS are safe, if any ?

Thanks...

Regards