Latest on Cyrus and GFS?

Jared Watkins jwatkins at snowcrash.homeip.net
Fri Jan 17 15:01:17 EST 2003

I've not been able to find the answer to the GFS question in the archives.. so here goes.

If one were using a dual attach scsi cabinet.. or fibre channel..  would it possible to use cyrus on GFS from two or more servers all with r/w access?

I'm thinking of a setup that would have all user mailboxes visible to all cyrus servers.. but clients would be directed to different systems with perdition to balance the load.  So if one server needed to come down.. you would simply take that system out of the pool and direct the users hitting it to the remaining cyrus servers.. increasing their load... but leaving the clients none the wiser.

Jared