cyrus as trusted user in sendmail

Igor Brezac igor at ipass.net
Sun Jan 19 21:09:12 EST 2003

On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 marc.bigler at day.com wrote:

> >Only if sendmail references files owned by the cyrus username.  lmtp
> >socket may qualify depending on your setup.
>
> Are there no cases where cyrus itselfs submits messages using directly
> /usr/lib/sendmail ? I would like to avoid the warning header "sendmail used

Sieve does that.  In this case you need to add the cyrus user to trusted
users list in the MSP config (submit.cf).  Notice trusted users list as
opposed trusted user.  Two different things.

> the -f flag to send the from address". How does then Cyrus send it's
> auto-generataed failure messages like when there are no mailbox at address
> x at y.com ?

lmtp will tell sendmail that such an address is not there and sendmail
will send a bounce message back to the sender (MSP is not in the loop
here).

--
Igor