SASL2+POSTFIX PAM authentication failure

k1680792 k1680792 at yahoo.co.jp
Sun Jan 19 01:12:25 EST 2003

Hi all,
 I am going to use SASL  pam method to complete Postfix's authentication.
 I compiled Cyrus-sasl-2.1.10 with the following options.
--disable-sample
--disable-saslauthd
--disable-cram
--disable-digest
--disable-krb4
--disable-gssapi
--disable-anon
--enable-plain
--enable-login
--enable-pwcheck
--disable-otp
--with-pam
 I created the file smtpd.conf  under /usr/lib/sasl.(the link of
/usr/local/lib/sasl2)
pwcheck_method:pam
 I also created the smtp under /etc/pam.d
#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
account    required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
 I compiled Cyrus-sasl-1.5.28 and postfix-1.1.12 with the about
configuration and it works well,but it fails in Cyrsu-sasl-2.1.10 +
Postfix-2.0.2.Would anyone give me some hints?
 And the maillog is
SASL authentication problem:unknown password verifier
postfix/smtpd[15914]: warning: SASL authentication failure:
Password verification failed

  Thanks a lot !
---------
Kai