unix:lmtp vs /usr/cyrus/bin/deliver ?

Thomas Hannan thomas at raapid.net
Tue Jan 21 11:43:54 EST 2003

On Monday 20 January 2003 19:52, Kendrick Vargas wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. i have to admit that I'd never worked with LMTP
before I undertook this project...

Anyways, with the AMaViS virus filtering, could you clarify a bit? Does your
MX point to an AMaViS server which then forwards to your Postfix/Cyrus box?
(MX) --> [AMaViS-smtp1] --> [Postfix-smtp2] ?
Or is it something different? For some reason I thought that most filtering
solutions worked between the SMTP process and the message store (as in a
/bin/deliver replacement). (Oh, and I'm assuming that hosting multiple
domains doesn't complicate this?)

If you wouldn't mind sharing a config file I'd appreciate it ...

Thanks,
Thomas