Problem with cyrus and deleting a message with a virus.

Brian brianb at sboss.com
Tue Jan 21 16:56:01 EST 2003

Mark London said:

> I'm not messing with it, uvscan is doing it.  Is there a better software
> alternative that will delete viruses on the server?  Are we the only
> people using cyrus that are running virus scanning software on the
> server?

There was a discussion on this last week.  Search the archives.

> Btw, I would think cyrus should be able to handle the simple case of a
> missing single file.  I should be able to delete a message for which the
> message file is already missing.  We're not talking about a complex
> database file structure here.  It's a single file with a single message.

It's not as simple as a simple missing file and if that's the depth of
your understanding of how Cyrus works, you're in trouble. You have an
index of all messages and just arbitrarily removing or mangling it outside
of the proper delivery mechanism will cause problems.

--
Brian