Problem with cyrus and deleting a message with a virus.

John Alton Tamplin jtampli at sph.emory.edu
Tue Jan 21 17:08:17 EST 2003

Ted Cabeen wrote:

>Right.  Other than losing the flags data, are there any other downsides to
>this solution?  (We were thinking of using this to delete old messages from
>users spam folders)

If your users all have spam folders named the same or similar
(presumably put there by spam filtering software), wouldn't ipurge do
what you want already and without screwing with Cyrus's data structures?

--
John A. Tamplin                               Unix System Administrator
Emory University, School of Public Health     +1 404/727-9931