cyrus 2_2 cvs/ postfix / virtual domains

ezarecor at camail.harvard.edu ezarecor at camail.harvard.edu
Wed Jan 22 11:29:41 EST 2003

I have everything working correctly except delivery to virtual domains
-- can connect to imapd and create folders, etc.

I'm seeing this in the imap logs when I attempt to send mail to a
virtual domain:

append_check() of 'user.fred^johnson' failed

I'm assuming the problem is that my MTA - postfix - is not passing the
domain name along with the user name for the virtual.  Realized this is
a gray area question, but does anyone know how to make postfix pass the
domain with the user name.

Thanks.

Ed.